TENTATIVE DURATION: OCTOBER 2023 TO NOVEMBER 2023
The Water Audit Competition was finally able to take off in the year 2022 with the participation of 10 schools from a combination of primary and secondary schools. Due to popular demand, WWP would like to propose a second water audit competition in 2023.
- Structural Component
– Installation of Water Saving Equipment in Schools (via Negalitres for Schools Project)
- Non-structural Component
– River and water education modules (including water audit, and application of water technology in schools)
- A maximum of 10 schools will be selected in partnership with Penang Green Council to participate in this competition (either primary or secondary school category to be determined)
- Schools that have participated and won the water audit competition are not eligible to register and take part in this programme.
- Selected schools will have to demonstrate their effort to reduce water consumption in schools, with students taking the lead.
- Students can present all of their initiatives and results via PowerPoint presentation and to be evaluated based on participation, percentage of water consumption reduced, etc.
The objective of this competition is to involve students to conduct water audits in schools and to take action by implementing water demand management practices to reduce water consumption in schools, thus active face-to-face school sessions were required.
RELATED SDG AND PENANG 2030 VISION
- Penang Green Council