WHAT IS FILTRATION?
Filtration is a process of removing suspended particles and pathogens through filters that have different pore sizes and are made of different materials.
PROCESS OF FILTRATION
- The water is poured into the filter.
- The filter is made up of quartz sand, crushed granite, and porcelain sand.
- In the top layer of the filter, unfiltered water is diffused.
- The water will eventually sink through the filter bed and the suspended particles or impurities are unable to pass through because of the small pores.
PROS OF FILTRATION
- We can DIY it! It does not need a significant investment but it can effectively filter out items like muck by using easily-obtained materials like sand, gravel, and charcoal.
- Maintenance is easy and convenient, only a backwash of the filtering container is required.
NOTE: The filtered water is not drinkable as the filtration is not very effective against viruses and some very fine dust in the water is also too small to be removed.